Along with the Registration Card and fees draft, the student must submit theDissertation Outline document and the Dissertation Outline evaluation sheet. Thedocument must contain the following items:1.
Proposed topic of Dissertation2.
Area of Work3.
Scope of work5.
Plan of work7.
Literature references, and8.
Particulars of the Supervisor as well as one Additional Examiner (Name,Qualification, Designation, Employing Organization, and contact information).2.
The Mentor can be the Supervisor. The Supervisor will be the guide and mainexaminer for the student. In case the Mentor is not the Supervisor, he/she must bethe Additional Examiner. The chosen Supervisor / Additional Examiner must havequalification equivalent to that of the Mentor. The Supervisor and Examiner must betwo different individuals. The same person cannot act as both the Supervisor as wellas Examiner for the same student.3.
Students who are currently enrolled in MS SS/MM cannot be Supervisors/Examiners/ Mentors for other BS/MS Students doing Project Work/Dissertation.4.
The Mid-Semester Evaluation will be based on Work Progress and achievement, Mid-Semester Progress Report and the Mid-Semester Seminar/Viva. The Mid-SemesterProgress Report will be in the same format as the final report but it can be spiralbound. It should contain the details of work done till the Mid-Semester and the planof the work to be completed during the rest of the semester.5.
The student should submit two copies of the word-processed, hardbound FinalDissertation Report to the Supervisor, atleast two weeks before the deadline. TheSupervisor should evaluate the final report and conduct the final seminar and viva-voce for the student, alongwith the additional examiner. The Supervisor and theAdditional Examiner should jointly complete the final evaluation sheet andrecommend the final grade for the Dissertation.6.
final report along with the final evaluation sheet (after the Report/Seminar/Vivaevaluation by the Supervisor and Additional Examiner) should reach the
Dean,DLPD, BITS Pilani –333 031 (Rajasthan) by Speed Post
so as to reach us
latest by March 31, 2008.
The student should also submit a soft copy of each Evaluation ComponentONLINE through the BITS-Virtual University website on the specified date.
We do understand that all BITS DLP students are employed professionals with theirown professional and personal constraints. We expect all students to coordinate withtheir Supervisor and Examiner and submit all documents and evaluation sheets asper schedule given in the handout.9.
The students must submit the Outline, Mid-Semester Report and Final Report in thespecified format by the specified deadlines, even if the evaluation by theSupervisor/Examiner is not available by the deadline. The evaluation sheets dulysigned by the Supervisor and Examiner can be submitted separately within twoweeks from the specified deadlines.10.
Requests for extension of deadlines for submission of documents orevaluation sheets will not be entertained irrespective of the reasons.Page 2 of 15
BITS WILP consist of technical continuing education programmes for employed professionals working in sectors like Engineering & Manufacturing, Information Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Energy etc.
The best part about these programmes is that they are delivered by experienced faculty at the partner organisation’s own premises, and can be pursued by the employees without taking any career break.
WILP programmes integrate modern academic content with evolving requirements of the workplace and are delivered with the same rigour as programmes offered on campus.
BITS Pilani Work Integrated Learning Programmes (BITS Pilani WILP) offers B.Tech., M.Tech., MBA, and customised certificate programmes for engineering and technology professionals. WILP programmes are a good mix of learning with the working environment of professionals and making students’ academic qualification better without taking a break in their career.
WILP is also known for providing degree and certificate programmes under the Corporate Partnerships to leading organizations from several industries and customizes the plan as per the specific learning & development needs.
All the academic activities are done with an intention to let working professionals continue their education. Programmes are designed by the faculty of BITS and other institutes like R & D organizations and development agencies. WILP also has graduate and postgraduate programmes in information systems, engineering technology, consultancy management, software systems, quality management, and M.Phil program in Hospital & Health Systems Management.
- Technology-enabled Learning: Online / On-demand Lectures are conducted through Virtual Classrooms.
- The interaction between the faculty and students is done on a regular basis through an Online Learning Management System.
- It gives access to Digital Library and other Online Resources.
- Assignments / Case Studies / Project / Dissertation are made as per the Work Environment of the students
- Written Examinations are carried out at many exam centers.
Three main features of the BITS Pilani Distance Education
- Quality Technical and professional education
- Updated and industry relevant course of study
- Fixed scheme of exam and prompt declaration of results
The degree programmes offered under BITS WILP are:
- Tech. Engineering Technology
- Tech. Information Systems
- Sc. Information Systems
- Tech. Software Systems
- Tech. Manufacturing Management
- Tech. Quality Management
- MBA Manufacturing Management
- MBA Consultancy Management
- MBA Quality Management
- Phil. Hospital & Health Systems Management
- Integrated M.Tech. Software Systems
There are different eligibility criteria for different degree programs. As mentioned on the official website of BITS, there are several conditions that need to be fulfilled for admission to the work-integrated learning programs.
Some of these conditions are:
- You must be employed in an organisation that is suitable for the pursuit of the degree program
- You must possess the minimum required educational qualifications for the degree program
- For admission to certain programs (like B.Tech. Engineering Technology), there would be an additional cut-off percentage based on marks obtained in the Technical Diploma / B.Sc., etc. The Admissions Committee fixes this at the time of admission.
- You must get educational sponsorship from your employing organisation
- You must propose a suitable mentor from your organisation to guide you in your studies
There are different application procedures for different programs. All the procedures are mentioned on the official website of BITS and can be found at this link – Application Instructions
How to Apply for BITS Pilani Off-Campus Programs
- You can download the Application Forms & Programme details from the BITS website www.bits-pilani.ac.in
- Keep in mind the deadline for submitting the completed application form (clubbed with the required processing fees of Rs. 1500/- as per the procedure specified in the form) to the Dean, WILPD, BITS, Pilani-333031
- If you need more details about the application, admission procedure, eligibility criteria, visit the University website bits-pilani.ac.in
Facts about Work Integrated Learning Programs
- BITS does not give any priority to MS degree that is awarded off-campus or on-campus, so both are considered as equivalent.
- The degrees have a world-wide acceptance. So, after completing the MS degree, you can also apply for PhD in any institute of higher education.
- Please note that the MS degree that is given by the BITS does not specify the mode of education (off-campus/on-campus). This factor might be the cause of concern for few aspirants.
- Since the program is specially meant for working professionals, their day-to-day work is also considered as the practical exam that is required to award the degree.
Note that the application forms and programme details can be downloaded from the BITS website https://wilp-admissions.bits-pilani.ac.in
- Click here for getting started with the BITS Pilani Online Application process.
You need to create your login at the Application Center by entering your unique Email ID and create a password of your choice. After your login has been done, you can access the online Application Center using your email ID and password anytime.
- The moment you log in, you will find a screen that has four essential steps that need to be completed by applying for the programme of your preference.
- Start by clicking on Step 1 – Fill/ Edit and Submit Application Form.
This will help you to select the programme of your choice. Once you have opted for your desired programme, you will be asked to fill in your details in an online form.
So, enter the required details and press the Submit button that is situated at the bottom of the form.
- Take the next step by clicking on Step 2 – Download Application PDF Copy.
This will let you download a pdf copy of the application form on your computer.
- Now, it’s time to click on Step 3 – ‘Pay Application Fee to pay INR 1,500/- using Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
- Always take a printout of the downloaded Application Form and jot down the Application Form Number that appears on the top-right corner of the first page. This Application Form Number will be used in all future correspondence with BITS Pilani.
- You will see that on page no. 3 of the printout of the downloaded Application Form, there’s a section called the Employer Consent Form. You need to complete the Employer Consent Form. It then needs to be signed and stamped by your organization’s HR team or any other authorized signatory of the company.
- After this, on page no. 4 of the printed Application Form, there’s a section named the Mentor Consent Form. It also needs to be signed by the Mentor.
Attending Online Lectures
- The institution offers the facility of interactive, live teaching via online classes. All that a student needs is a computer and an internet connection so that he/she can access these live classes as per the decided schedule. One can attend these lectures through the internet from any location.
- The online classes for all students admitted during the period May-June 2017 will start by July 2017.
- The timetable of the class is generally announced within 1 week of completing the admission process.
- Please note that all the online lectures are carried out usually over weekends for a total of 7-8 hours per week.
- It is recommended that students should attend lectures on a regular basis. Nevertheless, if you happen to miss a lecture, you can anytime check out the recorded lecture on the internet.
Here’s the fee structure that is applicable for candidates who want admission during the academic year 2017-18:
- Application Fees (one time) INR 1,500
- Admission Fees (one time) INR 16,500
- Semester Fees (per semester) : INR 42,800
The one-time Application Fees mentioned above need to be paid at the time of submitting the Application Form through the Online Application Centre.
Admission Fee (one-time) and Semester Fee (for the First Semester) need to be paid together after the admission is given to the candidate.
So, students who have been offered admission will need to pay Rs. 59,300/-.
Students can also decide to make the payment using Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card through the Online Application Centre. Please note that the Semester Fee for following semesters is payable later only, i.e. at the beginning of those individual semesters.
- The last date for submitting the application forms is June 15, 2017
- All the fees mentioned above are non-refundable.
- The fee structure for the year 2017-18 can be revised.
Eligibility for Taking up the Various WILP Programs at BITS Pilani
|B.Tech. Engineering Technology||Employed professionals in Engineering industries with minimum 2 years relevant work experience, and holding a Technical Diploma / B.Sc. or its equivalent, with adequate background in Mathematics. Employer consent with suitable Mentor availability will be additional requirements.|
|B.Tech. Information Systems||Employed professionals in IT industries with minimum 2 years relevant work experience, and holding a Technical Diploma / B.Sc. or its equivalent, with adequate background in Mathematics. Employer consent with suitable Mentor availability will be additional requirements.|
|M.Sc. Information Systems||Employed professionals in IT industries with minimum 1 years relevant work experience, and holding a B.Sc. / BCA or its equivalent, with adequate background in Mathematics. Employer consent with suitable Mentor availability will be additional requirements.|
|M.Tech. Software Systems||Employed professionals working in Information Technology and allied business organizations, holding an Integrated First Degree of BITS or its equivalent such as B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc., with minimum one year work experience in the relevant domain.|
|M.Tech. Manufacturing Management||Employed professionals working in Manufacturing and allied business organizations, holding an Integrated First Degree of BITS or its equivalent such as B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc., with minimum one year work experience in the relevant domain.|
|M.Tech. Quality management||Employed professionals working in Quality and allied services, holding an Integrated First Degree of BITS or its equivalent such as B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc., with minimum one year work experience in the relevant domain.|
|MBA in Manufacturing Management||Employed professionals working in Manufacturing and allied business organizations, holding an Integrated First Degree of BITS or its equivalent such as B.E. / M.Sc., with minimum one year work experience in the relevant domain.|
|MBA in Consultancy Management||Employed professionals working in Consulting and allied business organizations, holding an Integrated First Degree of BITS or its equivalent such as B.E. / M.Sc., with minimum one year work experience in the relevant domain. Candidates holding other qualifications such as M.Com. / ACA / ACS may also be considered on a case by case basis.|
|MBA in Quality Management||Employed professionals working in Quality and allied business domains, holding an Integrated First Degree of BITS or its equivalent such as B.E. / M.Sc., with minimum one year work experience in the relevant domain.|
|M.Phil. Hospital & Health Systems Management||Employed professionals in the healthcare industry, having an M.B.B.S. degree or any Integrated First Degree of BITS or its equivalent, with at least one year post-qualification work experience and sponsored by their employers.|
|Integrated M.Tech. Software Systems||Employed persons in Information Technology industries with minimum one year work experience and a B.Sc. / BCA or its equivalent with adequate background in Mathematics. Employer consent with suitable mentor availability will be additional requirements.|
Benefits & Career Prospects
- The employees with the organization’s support can pursue the degree programs without taking any career break.
- The Learning Management System enables students to develop competencies in various courses through tests, quizzes and other graded evaluation components.
- Students get to choose the topic for their assignments & project drawn from their work environment.
- Students get a professionally relevant learning experience.
At present, many leading organisations have partnered with BITS Pilani for their corporate Learning & Development requirements. The top companies include Cisco, Verizon, Maruti Suzuki, Vedanta, Dr RorganisationsATA power etc.
For more such information on the BITS colleges, keep following us here!
Source: BITS Official Website
Share this post
About the author
Anmol Thakkar is currently an undergraduate Student at IIT Kharagpur. Being Autodidact and self motivated he Cracked JEE in the second bout with none to coach.View Profile